Southeast Advocacy Center for Elder Rights
1. Develop a public awareness campaign to improve the image, understanding, and valuing of Elderhood while increasing awareness of the negative impact of Ageism on Society.
2. Plan and implement a workable program to improve the way elder healthcare is being delivered: protecting the rights of elders; maximizing the independence of elders; improving the quality of care while reducing the cost.
3. Plan and implement a workable program to improve the delivery of services and support to elders with cognitive impairment assuring: appropriate diagnosis; meaningful assessment; and appropriate interventions that maximize elder potential while reducing long term costs.
4. Plan and implement strategies to improve the knowledge and skills of those who currently provide the "hands-on" assistance and care to the elders; enabling elders' potential to be realized; improving their independence; and reducing their long-term costs of care.
5. Plan and implement strategies to assure the legal rights of elders are being appropriately protected in ways that maximize elder potential and minimize the negative effects ageist attitudes and beliefs.
6. Build the Southeast Advocacy Center for Elder Rights (SACFER) into an effective "activist think tank" that delivers its targeted goals.